TaHoma switch is compatible with Somfy, Amazon Echo, Google Assistant, Sonos, Phillips, Velux, Honeywell, Danfoss, Hitachi and IFTTTcommands making it one of the best smart home hubs available.
Controlling Electric Blinds with Amazon Alexa
TaHoma switch by Somfy
TaHoma switch is the easy to install automation system that makes controlling your home simple. With TaHoma switch you can open your electric blinds & curtains, switch off your lights or activate your home alarm all from your smartphone – and now with Alexa, your voice! It’s modern living at its finest. Control multiple devices at once with scenario’s and personalise your TaHoma switch with smart programming.
The TaHoma switch Home Automation System can connect directly with Amazon’s Alexa or Echo – allowing voice control of your smart home. When you give Alexa a command, it is passed to the TaHoma switch, which then communicates with your smart home products. TaHoma switch can also be controlled with your smartphone, tablet or computer.
For an easy life
Use the TaHoma Skill to create a connection between Alexa & TaHoma switch and enable voice control for all your Somfy smart home products. Upgrade your mornings with the ease of Alexa and TaHoma scenario controls. Simply say “Alexa turn on [TaHoma Scenario]” and your electric blinds open, the lights turn on bright and your favourite music is played in the background. When you leave for work you can also activate your home alarm. Have yourselves a good TaHoma morning!
Add TaHoma Skill
- Set up a scenario on your Somfy TaHoma
- Download the Amazon Alexa App, sign in and follow initial set up instructions
- Once on the HOME page, navigate to the menu icon in the top left hand corner & select SKILLS from the menu
- Search SOMFY TAHOMA in the search bar, find TAHOMA BY SOMFY & select ENABLE
- You will be presented with a Somfy sign in screen. Log in to your Somfy TaHoma account and select YES when asked to authorise this application
- Your Somfy TaHoma has now been successfully linked to Amazon Alexa, close the window with the X in the top right hand corner
- Select DISCOVER DEVICES from the pop up box
- You will be presented with a black SMART HOME screen, select SCENES from the options presented at the top of the screen
- Here you will find your scenarios as previously set on your TaHoma
- Use command “Alexa turn on [name of scenario]” to operate your powered blinds
Connect all your Powered Blinds
From now on all of your Powered Blinds with a Somfy motor can be added to your system. Just add them into your Somfy TaHoma scenarios and whenever you ask, TaHoma will deliver the ambience you want. Browse our available motorised solutions. *Not compatible with the Huna range.